RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, ASSUMPTION OF RISKS AN INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
By signing this form, you give up important legal rights including the right to sue. Please read carefully.
The International Powerlifting Federation, the Canadian Powerlifting Union, the British Columbia Powerlifting Association, Meet Directors, and Sponsors, their officers, directors, agents, contractors, employees, coaches/instructors, trainers, volunteers, members and representatives, and the manufacturers and distributors of the equipment used in any BODYPERFORMANCE events, contests, or any other powerlifting related activities (“BODYPERFORMANCE, Kevin Weiss or Renae Witzaney”), (all hereafter collectively referred to as “the Releasees”), are not responsible for any injury, loss or damage of any kind sustained by any person while registered and/or participating in any and all of BODYPERFORMANCE activities, events, practice sessions or social activities (all hereafter collectively referred to as “BODYPERFORMANCE Activities”), including injury, loss or damage which might be caused by the negligence of the Releasees.
DESCRIPTION OF RISKS:
In consideration of participation in the BODYPERFORMANCE Activities, I acknowledge that I am aware of the possible risks, dangers and hazards associated with being a participant, including the possible risk of severe or fatal injury to myself or others. These risks include by are not limited to:
(a) All manner of injuries resulted in muscular injuries and soft tissue injuries including bruises, scrapes, cuts, etc., from executing strenuous and demanding physical techniques, contact with other participants and failure in proper use of equipment either by myself or other participants;
(b) All manner of injuries resulting in sprains, dislocations, concussion and broken bones, heart attack/stroke, spinal injury and tendonitis;
(c) All manner of head, facial, eye and/or dental injuries;
(d) All manner of medical problems resulting from heat exhaustion, asthma, communicable diseases, skin rashes, cramps and chemical poisoning;
(e) That my risk of injury increases as I become fatigued
(f) All manner of injuries and/or death that could result from a physical confrontation whether caused by myself or someone else or from any participation in the BODYPERFORMANCE Activities, including but not limited to falling weights and/or equipment used in the BODYPERFORMANCE Activities.
(g) All manner of negligent advice regarding powerlifting, bench pressing or other BODYPERFORMANCE Activities
RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
1. In consideration of British Columbia Powerlifting Association allowing me to participate in the BODYPERFORMANCE Spring Showdown, I agree, for myself, heirs, executors, administrators, and assigns to waive and release any and all rights and claims for damages I may have against the International Powerlifting Federation, the Canadian Powerlifting Union, the British Columbia Powerlifting Association, OneLife Health + Wellness Ltd., Meet Directors, and Sponsors, their officers, directors, agents, contractors, employees, coaches/instructors, trainers, volunteers, members and representatives, and the manufacturers and distributors of the equipment used in the BODYPERFORMANCE Spring Showdown (collectively the “Releasees”). In particular, I agree:
TO ASSUME AND ACCEPT ALL RISKS arising out of, associated with or related to my participating in the BODYPERFORMANCE Spring Showdown;
TO RELEASE THE RELEASEES from any and all liability for any loss, damage, injury or expense that I may suffer or that my next of kin may suffer as a result of my participation in the BODYPERFORMANCE Spring Showdown, due to any cause whatsoever, including breach of contract, breach of any Statutory or Other Duty of Care, including any Duty of Care Owed under the Occupiers’ Liability Act, RSA 1980 C. 0‐3 (as amended) on the part of the Releasees;
TO HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNITY THE RELEASEES: (i) from any and all liability for any damage to the personal property of, or personal injury to, any third party resulting from my participation in the BODYPERFORMANCE Spring Showdown; (ii) from any and all claims, demands, actions and costs which might arise out of my participating in the BODYPERFORMANCE Spring Showdown.
2. I acknowledge that Powerlifting is a high risk sport and that I could be injured.
3. I certify that I am in good physical health and that I have no serious health problems and that I assume full responsibility for such conditions.
4. I agree that I am fully responsible for my well-being and safety in the warm up room, on the lifting platform and while I am competing at this event.
5. I agree that I am responsible for the actions of any coach and entourage that attend this contest in my support.
6. In the event I am disqualified from this contest by means of rule infractions or due to my conduct I acknowledge and agree that I will not be eligible for reimbursement of contest entry fees.
7. I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THIS AGREEMENT, that I have executed this agreement voluntarily, and that this agreement is to be binding upon myself, my heirs, executors, administrators and representatives.